Dexodus Objectives & Constitution
This page contains the current objectives for Dexodus which guide the committee in the running of the association on behalf of its members. It also contains the Constitution which was revised at an EGM in October 2008.
The Association’s objectives, on behalf of its members, are to:
- Provide a forum for Dexodus Members to exchange information and to stay in contact via the Newsletter, the Website, E-mail and the Member’s Directory.
- Represent the pension interests of its members through HPPA
Support the activities of HPPA relating to the Digital Pension Plan
- Provide a focal point when necessary for various UK regional ex-DEC communities that meet periodically for social events and reunions
- Continue to add greater value to the content of the quarterly Newsletter from the members and the Dexodus Committee, as well as creating additional features and benefits on the member’s only section of this website.
If you have worked for DEC, and are not yet a member, we urge you to join today! The more members we have, the better we can meet our objectives.
Dexodus is a members’ association based in the UK for people who have been employed by Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) or any of its subsidiaries. This includes people who worked as temps or contractors for at least one year. Under exceptional circumstances the Committee may elect a person to membership who does not meet the membership criteria, or refuse, suspend or terminate membership. Dexodus is funded by membership fees decided by the Committee.
Dexodus is managed by a Committee consisting of a Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, and between 2 and 10 other members. Additional members, voting or non-voting, may be co-opted by the Committee to serve until the following AGM. No remuneration is paid for these posts but allowable expenses will be reimbursed. Each member of the Committee is elected at the AGM and normally serves for a period of two years. They may stand for an unlimited number of terms with the approval of the rest of the committee. Allocation of responsibilities amongst committee members will be agreed by the committee including temporary replacement of the Officers should they be unable to perform their duties. A quorum for a Committee meeting is half the committee members and all decisions will be made by a majority of the voting members with a casting vote for the chairman in the event of a tie. Decisions may be made by email or other electronic media and proxy votes will be allowed for members unable to attend a meeting.
The Dexodus Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held in March each year and will transact the following business:
- Approval of the accounts for the year ended December 31st of the previous year
- Election of Officers (Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary) at end of period of office
- Election of other committee members as required
- Any other business that has been notified to members with the AGM notice
Notice of the AGM will be provided to members at least 30 days in advance. Nominations for the Officers and Committee members may be made in writing prior to the AGM or verbally at the AGM and must be proposed and seconded by current Dexodus members. All decisions at the AGM will be made by a simple majority of those present and voting including any proxy votes. Any member unable to attend the AGM may nominate another member to vote on their behalf or indicate in writing to the secretary, at least 24 hours before the start of the meeting, the way they wish their vote to be cast.
An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called at any time by the Committee or by a written request from at least 20 members. At least 30 days notice of the meeting and its purpose must be given to all members. The quorum for an AGM or EGM will be 3% of the membership or 20 members, whichever is the lesser. Changes to this constitution or a decision to dissolve the association will be approved at an AGM or EGM. On dissolution the assets will be dispersed equally amongst members unless an alternative is agreed at the final AGM/EGM.